A great finish
Every year, wineries spend thousands of dollars repairing or replacing failed concrete. Corrosive elements in the wine making process subjects concrete to attack from a wide range of acids and alkalis. In addition, fuel oils and chlorinated hydrocarbon based products, while not always corrosive, must be contained and prevented from passing through the concrete and entering into soil or ground water. Repair, replacement and high-remediation costs for a failed system can be astronomical.
Standard Portland or Brighton Light cement concrete has very little resistance to acids and salts. Acids readily attack the calcium-based binder and leaves behind nothing more than weakly-bound aggregates.
So how do we minimise these environmental impacts on our business and find safe, non food tainting solutions?
By trusting Poly-Tech's Winery Protection Systems and Epoxy Flooring.
Poly-Tech has over 25 years of experience in the protection and restoration of concrete floors in a variety of manufacturing industries. Our clients in the Wine sector include Angove’s, Grossett, Fosters (Wolf Blass & Karadoc), Yalumba, Andrew Peace, Tobreck, Massena Vineyards, Torresan’s, Stonehaven, Chapel Hill, Deakin Estate, Knappstein Brewery and SA Brewing.
Types of applications provided by Poly-Tech include:
- high and low temperature, acid resistant and all specialised epoxy flooring
- non-skid coatings to production and bottling areas
- coving to floor and wall junctions & build up to falls
- installation of specialised drainage systems
- restoration of badly corroded concrete, polished concrete and exposed aggregate flooring
- polished concrete, clear sealed or coloured epoxy finishes to tasting rooms
- food grade HACCP grape receival area solutions
Click here to make an enquiry regarding our Wineries Solutions